Selective is seeking an AVP of Application Delivery who will be responsible for application architecture, modernization of core systems, technical debt reduction and CxP/Mobility across a broad set of technologies. Develops solutions and strategies which support the Personal Lines, Commercial Lines, Claims, and Mobile business units while ensuring all development performed by teams is in alignment with best practices and technical strategy. Leads organizations and projects that are complex in nature and/or of higher strategic importance to the Selective organization, and may have a large number of direct reports consisting of senior application managers, application managers, application architects, and developers.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the strategic direction of Application Delivery within a growing company while being given opportunities to develop yourself and others.
1. Assists the Senior Vice President of ITS in the management and direction setting for the application programming area including setting technical strategy, priorities, coordinating, and the reporting of activities. Responsible for the daily activities of the senior application managers, application managers, application architects and developers within the application programming area.
2. Oversees the development of application systems which are designed to provide information in a timely and efficient manner to ITS and/or the customer.
3. May participate in the evaluation, acquisition, and implementation of vendor software to support business processes.
4. In conjunction with the Enterprise Architecture Group 1) establish and enforce standards to which the application developers must adhere, regardless of platform, to provide an enterprise-wide set of standards and development processes, and 2) evaluate and recommend state-of-the-art development tools for use within the applications development environments to achieve the most efficient mix of system design and software development tools to produce maximum cost effective utilization of ITS resources.
5. Responsible and accountable for the ITS budget for the area.
6. Trains, supervises, assigns projects to, evaluates and is responsible for hiring/termination of staff to maintain optimum performance of job duties. Will provide mentoring for interested individuals looking to advance careers toward leadership in technology and management.
7. Participate in the development and implementation of processes that improve efficiency and enhance productivity.
8. May need to assist in the evaluation of distributed software issues, policies and procedures including standardization, purchasing, evaluations, and training. Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion and the existing factory floor.
1. Knowledge of current techniques and hardware capabilities of a large-scale computing environment.
2. Ability to plan and control projects (includes, but is not limited to, large development projects
3. Ability to understand and clearly relate to other members of the organization, technical manuals, software specifications, hardware principals of operations, and general methods of applications software development methodologies and techniques.
4. Ability to communicate effectively in dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers
Successfully accomplished (but not limited to) the duties listed in the preceding level.
5. College degree preferred in Computer Science, Business, or related field.
6. Five years experience in application management methodologies
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.