It is the responsibility of this position to take the first notice of loss report by telephone,email, and or fax through our automated reporting system. The primary focus of the position will be to ensure that the claim has been triaged to provide exceptional customer service and ease of doing business with Selective with one phone call.
- Take new loss reports from customers via telephone for all lines of business.
- Verify/analyze coverage and determine course of action.
- Triage the automobile claim to provide exceptional service.
- Direct customer to access program, approved car rental vendor and/or process immediate removal of total loss to salvage yard.
- Assign claims to appropriate claims handler
- Enter faxed claims into our automated systems.
- Handle incoming calls and correspondence from Insureds, Claimants and Agents regarding questions or problems associated with claims.
- Service inquiry calls from customers.
- Document claims files and maintain control of work through documentation or diary system.
- Update MCS on a continual basis to accurately reflect current activity on a file.
- May handle minor claims during heavy claim volume.
High School Degree
1-2 years customer service experience in a call center and or auto claims processing.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.