Selective is seeking a Sr. Application Developer to develop procedures for the solution of well-defined routine business problems, or for segments of complex and difficult problems or systems. Plans the computations or processes necessary for computer solutions with a high level of reliability and execution speed. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
• Meet with business unit representatives to evaluate business automation needs
• Perform analysis based upon business requirements
• Participate in systems analysis, general systems design, and detail systems design
• Write or update technical documentation including data flows
• Develop new or modify existing programs based on business requirements while following department’s standards and guidelines
• Work with applications systems designs and specifications and utilize standards, procedures, and techniques
• Generate, test, and document program code
• Research and resolve problems in the production environment as needed
• Work as a team member in the development of complex programs
• Assist others with debugging as needed
• Learn new tools, technologies, and methodologies as appropriate
• Learn user functions, organization, and role in the enterprise
College degree in Computer Science, Management Information Science, Business Administration or related field preferred. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in software application development and maintenance required along with strong database skills.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free