Selective Insurance is looking for a highly motivated IT Application Specialist to provide business solutions and support for our Web based Commercial Line applications in our Glastonbury CT office. The role will focus on the architecture, design, and delivery of solutions built on the Pega BPM platform. This individual will be a key contributor to the design, development and implementation of critical projects within Selective’s commercial lines policy admin system. This individual will analyze, plan, develop, test, and document solutions and provide support as required for mid to large size maintenance and enhancement projects for our commercial lines applications. The candidate will have client/server software application development experience with Web based systems and analytical and problem solving skills. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
· Collaborate and manage work with Application Managers, Project Managers, Developers and peers to accomplish a coordinated implementation effort.
· Assists with developing project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations leading to recommendations for new systems or changes to existing ones.
· Plans and performs the full range of programming actions needed to achieve desired end-results on complex problems
· Will be responsible for projects that span more than one system.
· Responsible for providing architectural design documents for teams throughout the organization.
· Responsible for providing end to end solutions.
· Independently perform problem determination and resolution in the production environment.
· Coordinate testing and debugging for programming changes and assist subordinates with debugging, whenever necessary.
· Gain extensive working knowledge of business data and user functions. Share knowledge and train others.
· Meet with business unit representatives to define and evaluate moderately complex business automation needs. Work with a Systems Analyst to interpret business specifications to prepare for analysis/design functions.
· Development, design and analysis of systems and/or programs and system implementation schedules.
· Responsible for providing technical guidance and solutions to other developers across all layers of application stack
· Works closely with application architecture to ensure architecture vision is being implemented across development areas
· Unit testing the built solution before SIT for seamless SIT execution with fewer defects.
· Reviewing the code of other developers to validate functionality and implementation of solutions, at the same time adhering to the technical best practices as well.
· Conduct sessions with the end users to understand the current workflow of their processes.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace