Selective Insurance Company of America has a dynamic part-time, temporary Co-operative Education opportunity for a motivated, self-directed college student who is interested in learning what a career in insurance has to offer!
This role provides support to a large, highly engaged and productive team of commercial lines underwriters. You will work closely with team members to ensure that service levels are met entering, retrieving and validating policy data and insurance-related documents into/from applicable computer systems; scanning; electronic filing; responding to customer inquiries; distributing mail, and assisting with various other underwriting support functions. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
• Timely and efficient entry and retrieval of insurance data and other transactions into/from applicable computer systems.
• Electronic filing of insurance-related documents into applicable computer systems.
• Utilize PC and applicable operating systems to enter and verify data necessary to complete transactions.
• Responding to customer requests utilizing e-mail an Word document.
• Retrieving, sorting, and entering data in Excel spreadsheets.
• Performs general clerical duties such as scanning, photocopying, filing, distributing mail and assisting in other support functions.
• Implements all processes and procedure changes set forth by the department manager to ensure production standards are met.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• College student working on an Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
• Desire to learn with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal instruction.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Computer literate with data entry skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.