Selective is seeking a Automation Engineer who's primary responsibility will be to design and deploy automation in the infrastructure supporting our business platforms and continuously improve to meet the evolving needs of our business community. The Engineer will help drive the strategic initiatives and tactical activities and “Cloud First” direction of Selective Insurance. The Automation engineer is also required to document designs and creations and share their findings with others.
• Advanced level knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and technologies, including the automated provisioning and management of these environments
• Advanced level knowledge and experience with infrastructure automation design and services, including HA (High Availability), IaC (Infrastructure as Code), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
• Advanced level knowledge in the administration of storage/SAN, file, including forecasting, utilization, provisioning and redundancy
• Expert level knowledge and experience with the implementation, optimization, automation, high-availability and management of infrastructure services, including NOS (Network Operating Systems/Active Directory), DHCP and DNS
• Advanced knowledge in the workings and operation of virtual environments, including application, server and storage
• Understanding of Cloud technologies, including administration, design and provisioning through the use of cloud management and broker services (e.g. vRealize, Cloudforms)
• Strong understanding of configuration management and software deployment principles, such as Puppet, Ansible and Chef
• Understanding of storage technologies, storage virtualization and principles of SANs
• Extensive experience with active scripting languages, including and especially PowerShell and Python. and the use to further automate environments
• Advance experience with source control, configuration management and deployment systems, such as Git Lab, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible
• Experience with Windows and Linux middleware (e.g. IIS, JBoss, Apache)
• Experience working with databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle)
• Experience with Agile and Waterfall project management
• Hands-on experience with virtualization tools and cloud computing, Microsoft Azure and multi cloud platforms
• Experience with network principles and design
• Experience in the administration of storage/SAN, file, including forecasting, utilization, provisioning and redundancyCollege degree in computer science or a related field preferred.
10 + years Infrastructure Engineering or Applications Architecture across multiple disciplines
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.